Trajectaflex Resin Firing System
The Trajectaflex Resin Firing System is a single pass system for installing resin capsules for resin set bolting. With a dual boom development jumbo the bolt hole can be drilled with one boom while the other boom inserts the resin and the bolt.
Using air pressure, the Trajectaflex system shoots resin capsules through the flexible nozzle assembly into a pre-drilled bolt hole.
The nozzle assembly is fixed at the end of the jumbo feed rail on to an independent slide, allowing it to be extended and retracted past the end of the jumbo boom for easy bolt hole location.
The assembled Trajectaflex nozzle (pictured) consists of 6 parts – all of which are easily exchangeable.
Trajectaflex nozzle assembly.
Trajectaflex nozzle inserted in the bolt hole using the flex spring
Resin capsules are loaded into a manifold which is located at the operator’s platform. The capsules are then shot with air pressure through a delivery line along the jumbo boom and pass through the Trajectaflex nozzle and into the pre drilled hole.
With the nozzle tip engaged at the collar of the bolt hole you can slew or dump the feed rail left, right, or back and forward. With one of these movements the tip will come into alignment with the hole through flex of the spring as shown in image above.
NOTE: Resin capsules can be fired through the Trajectaflex nozzle with flex maintained in the spring. Perfect alignment of the nozzle is not required.
- The Trajectaflex Resin Firing System is readily adaptable to any Jumbo drill.
- When not in use, it is easily removed allowing the Jumbo to convert to face drilling. The Jumbo’s capabilities are not restricted.
- All components have been designed and manufactured to provide a perfectly smooth passagefor resin capsules as they are fired with a volume of air into a pre drilled bolt hole. This ensures capsules hold their shape, minimising ruptures during transition.
- Alignment with the nozzle tip and the bolt hole is critical or resin capsule ruptures will occur as they exit the nozzle tip and hit the sidewall of the bolt hole. With its long nozzle tip and flexibility, Trajectaflex achieves perfect alignment every time. Ensuring resin capsules travel to the back of the bolt hole, minimising ruptures and increasing the percentage of perfect bolt installations.
- The long nozzle tip pushes past any fractured rock from previous blasting and ensuring perfect bolt hole/nozzle tip alignment. Resin ruptures are reduced by minimising contact of fractured rock with the resin capsule.
Patented revolutionary nozzle design
- Designed by a jumbo operator, attention to detail with a simplistic, low maintenance design was critical. Focus on maintaining resin capsule shape, whilst in transition from the resin loading manifold through to lodging into the pre drilled bolt hole was a key objective. This is critical to the success rate of the point anchor and fully encapsulated resin set bolts.
- Being able to obtain correct resin placement with minimal capsule ruptures ensures that bolts are installed correctly obtaining maximum strength and longevity.
- Using Trajectaflex Resin Firing System offers increased operator safety, reduced bolting cycle times and correctly installed bolts.
- Adheres to world’s best practice of installing ground support as you advance forward.
- Less labour intensive – need for an offsider significantly reduced, if required at all
- Physical checking for correct bolt hole alignment is eliminated. Combined with the ability to load resin capsules from the jumbo platform results in less time on and off the machine, reducing operator fatigue and chance of injury.
- Revolutionary spring design allows for easy bolt hole location as the nozzle will flex and self-index
- Locating the pre drilled hole using the Trajectaflex nozzle is simplified due to the nozzle’s robustness and design. The hole can be probed for without damage to the nozzle
- With the collar of the pre drilled hole engaged and a slight boom movement, the nozzle will flex and self-index, pushing the nozzle tip up into the hole
- Downtime is kept to a minimum using the Trajectaflex nozzle due to the simplicity of its design. Most components can be unscrewed by hand
- Complete disassembly can be achieved within seconds
- Can be fitted to all feed rail profiles and machines
- Reduced bolting cycle times achieved.
- Single person operation
- Innovative design is not only simple and user friendly for the operator but also for personnel maintaining the machine.
- The complete system can be installed with ease. It is a low maintenance system with all parts easily accessible when maintenance is required.
- Less tool changes. With a dual boom Jumbo the bolt hole can be drilled, loaded with resin and bolt installed all within the one pass. The drill operator remains on the work platform for longer periods of time. Increasing productivity and safety.
Wilco Resin Bolt Dollies – for bolt installation
Wilco Technologies manufacture dollies for bolt installation in the following sizes:
- T38 x 900mm
- T38 x 700mm
- T38 x 450mm
- T45 x 900m
Please contact us if the size you require is not listed here.
- 80mm socket depth reduces bolt drop off, increasing safety and reducing bolting cycle times
- Manufactured in Australia using high grade materials. The Wilco Resin Bolt Dolly improves longevity by up to 3 times competitor products on the market. Downtime, maintenance, re-ordering and freight costs are reduced.
- You won’t miss our dollies! Painted pink, a proportion of all dollies’ sales are donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF).
- Large chamfer leading into the socket head improves bolt re-engagement. This allows continual rotation of the dolly when re-engaging bolts to torque, increasing productivity.
- Extra material around socket head and threads substantially increases strength.